We’re pleased to announce a new update to the Attendance features on ManageBac.
Attendance settings are now unique by Programme and term. Highlights of the change include:
1. Programme-specific Settings
Attendance settings may now be customized by programme. For example, the IB Diploma Programme can use weekday attendance, while the Middle Years Programme uses a rotation cycle. In Primary, schools have the option of taking only Homeroom attendance, at the same time that the Secondary School is taking both Homeroom and Class attendance.
This also means each programme may have its own holiday calendar.
2. Programme-Specific Attendance Reminders
Never again will the Diploma teachers receive attendance reminders that were targeted for the Primary school!
3. Adjusted Rotation Cycle Start
For schools running a rotation cycle, you can adjust the first rotation day number of the term by clicking on the first date in the holiday calendar. (e.g. if you run a 5-day rotation, but your first day of school starts on Day 3 of the rotation.)
If your school is currently using our Attendance features, we strongly recommend that you navigate to Settings > Attendance > Programme-Level to double-check the Attendance configuration for each programme and academic term. Your prior Attendance settings have been copied over across all programme-level settings, but it’s best to double-check that the dates are consistent with your upcoming academic term dates.
Please note the new features do not affect teachers taking class & homeroom attendance. The interface and functions remain the same for them.
We hope you enjoy the new flexibility in attendance settings! For further reference, check out our tutorials and QuickStart Guide.
No new updates this week. Stay tuned for more information soon!
This year we welcomed over 120 educators at our annual IB Americas breakfast, as well as several of our new integration partners! We shared several exciting updates, including:
- A new tablet-friendly user interface, coming late Fall 2016 for students and parents, and early Spring 2017 for teachers and administrators.
- New integrations to come with Pamoja & AssessPrep
- An update on our upcoming Bookstore
We were also grateful to our three panel speakers, who shared their ManageBac implementation processes and experiences at their schools. A big thank you to:
Thank you to all who attended! If you missed it, we’ve linked our presentation document below. We hope to see you next year!
ManageBac Breakfast Presentation — Toronto 2016
We’re looking forward to seeing many of you at the IB Americas Conference in Toronto on July 14 – 17, 2016!
We have a strong road map for the second half of 2016 we’d like to share with you, including:
- the launch of our Bookstore & Digital Content
- a new parent & student UI
- integration with online IB course providers
- and more…
Ways to connect with us
1. ManageBac Breakfast
July 15, 2016
We’re hosting a complimentary breakfast from 7AM – 8:30AM — just a 5-minute walk from the conference venue. To view the schedule, click here.
2. Join our expo session
July 15, 2016
Our expo session will run from 5:15PM – 5:45PM in the Osgoode Ballroom. The session will include updates on new features, new integrations, and an open Q&A.
3. Stop by our table
July 14-17, 2016
We have updated information about the 2016-2017 academic year, plus t-shirts and other giveaways! We’re located at tables 31 & 32 in the Sheraton Hall. To view our location, click here.
4. Book a time
July 14-17, 2016
Have ManageBac questions? We have answers, and a full team ready to help. Let us know when you’re available by clicking here and we’ll schedule you in.
Hope to see you in Toronto!
We are pleased to announce our new integration partnership with Pamoja, the sole provider of online International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) courses.
- Showcase Pamoja Online Courses: Display Pamoja courses alongside your face-to-face IB Diploma courses. Provide students & parents and Site-based Coordinators with one-click inquiry to register interest in Pamoja Online Courses.
- Single-Sign-On to Pamoja: One-click access to Pamoja’s learning environment via Plan Worksheet or from the LaunchPad for Site-based Coordinators, Students and Parents.
- One-click Inquiry: Register your interest in Pamoja online courses directly from within ManageBac’s plan registration worksheets.
- Data Synchronisation: Final term grades and comments will be synced from Pamoja back to ManageBac, eliminating report card headaches.
- Term Grades & Reporting: Streamline term reporting workflows for your Registrar & Academic team. Seamlessly roll-up and consolidate Pamoja Online Course grades into your report cards, while preserving your look & feel and subject group order.
- IB Diploma Plan Worksheet: Rising MYP5 and DP1 students & parents can make better subject choices with easy access to DP subject details including the syllabus, aims & objectives, exam details, key deadlines & calendar. Responsive design allows for easy Plan completion on iPad and tablets.
- IBIS Exam Registration: We will support registration for Pamoja online courses directly from within the ManageBac plan worksheet, so coordinators can complete their IBIS exam registrations seamlessly.
Get started for the 2016-2017 Academic Year!