We’ve made several improvements and changes to the system this week:
- The demo sandbox has been updated to reflect the 2014-2015 academic year. You are free to explore all features in the system across all user types (administrators, teachers, students, parents)!
- Attendance: Count Holidays as Rotation Days now has dual functions. Clicking dates once will turn the calendar date to the color yellow and will not consume a rotation day. Clicking dates a second time will turn the calendar date blue and will consume one rotation day.
- In Mathematical Studies DP unit plans, the syllabus content has been added.
- Theory of Knowledge Prescribed Titles have been updated for May 2015. The Areas of Knowledge have been updated to reflect the IB guide.
Middle Years Programme:
- Community Projects is now available. The guide to setting up Community Projects is available here. The guide to managing Community Projects is available here.
- The Subject Group Overview has replaced the Vertical Planner.
- Within MYP Next Chapter units, Hours taught is now available in the Summary tab. The hours appear in both the unit overview page and the PDF export.
- Within MYP Next Chapter units, the Reflections & Evaluation tab now supports questions to focus on. The checked questions appear in both the unit overview page and the PDF export.
- Curriculum Analytics: Global Context, Key Concepts, and Inquiry Questions elements are now offered.
- MYP Next Chapter interdisciplinary unit plans.
- Updating the MYP Next Chapter final grade boundaries and ATLs.
- Updating the Theory of Knowledge PPM form.
- Updating the Group 4 Sciences internal assessment criteria.
- Diploma unit plans – Aims, Objectives, and Criteria.
- IBIS exam registration user experience improvements.
Welcome the following schools to ManageBac!
- St. Stephen’s College
- Aga Khan Academy Maputo
- Anglican International School Jerusalem
- Cita Hati Christian Senior School – West Campus
- Pinckneyville Middle School
- Advanced Learning Schools
- Amadeus International School Vienna
- GEMS Modern Academy
- International School of Verona
We’re proud to support you this academic year and beyond!
The new IBIS system will go live on September 1 and the ManageBac IBIS exam registration integration will continue to run normally during the fall – the API remains the same.
For IB DP Coordinators submitting registrations via ManageBac, please note that you will see your registrations reflected on IBIS within a maximum of 5 minutes upon successful registration, so please keep this processing time in mind if you are logged into IBIS and refreshing your browser to compare against ManageBac.
Just to confirm some of the key IBIS dates:
- November 15: Final registration deadline
- January 15-22: Candidate session numbers will be retrieved and updated on ManageBac. Please be sure to renumber your candidates before this date.
As always feel free to contact us if you need any assistance. We are available Monday through Friday 24 hours a day.
New ManageBac t-shirts will be available soon!
We’ve made several improvements to the system this month:
- In Settings > General, administrators can now toggle the ability for teachers to create new classes.
- The Student filters interface has changed. Selecting None will show students who are not assigned to any IB Group.
- Attendance is now mapped by academic years. Attendance settings can now be customized year-by-year, while historical attendance data is retained.
- Diploma Unit Plans: Syllabus content has been updated and supports both the 2015 and 2016 syllabus for Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Business & Management.
Middle Years Programme:
- The Design subjects have been updated. Design Technology is now Product Design, Computer Technology is now Digital Design, and Technology is now Design.
- Personal Projects assessment criteria has been updated to the MYP Next Chapter criteria.
- A new Pre-K2 grade level is now available. The grade level can be enabled via Settings > Primary Years > Years.
- The Dashboard Full Calendar can now filter for PYP grade levels.
Join us for a complimentary 60-minute webinar on the transition to MYP Next Chapter on ManageBac! We are offering six webinars in August and September intended for IB MYP Coordinators and technology integration specialists.
Join us to see:
- How settings & subjects are updated,
- How to easily create new classes and access the new Next Chapter assessment criteria,
- How to update unit planners,
- How to transition and update your assessment tasks.
The webinars will be interactive with opportunity to provide direct feedback and connect with colleagues from around the globe. Each webinar will follow the same format and cover the same content.
Webinars are offered at the following times:
TUESDAY, AUGUST 26
1PM-2PM HKT (GMT+8)
1PM-2PM CET (GMT+1)
1PM-2PM EST (GMT-5)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
1PM-2PM HKT (GMT+8)
1PM-2PM CET (GMT+1)
1PM-2PM EST (GMT-5)
Find out how these times translate to your local time.
Sign up today! Registration closes 24 hours before each session.
Lastly, check out our handy guide to the Next Chapter transition on ManageBac.
Our servers will be down for maintenance on Saturday, August 9 from 2pm-4pm HKT (GMT+8). Thanks for your patience and enjoy the weekend!
We are delighted to announce our partnership with ChinaNetCenter to accelerate service levels for our Mainland Chinese schools using ManageBac.
As we both know living behind the Great Chinese Firewall means that accessing international servers often requires VPN access or special configuration, and with inconsistent speeds, this can be very frustrating for many users.
Our new CDN service can be activated on a per-school basis for all users – without any additional configuration for students or parents. This will allow you to avoid using an international VPN by routing your traffic locally within China (behind the firewall) and should immediately improve your user experience, file upload and general navigation speeds by up to 2x – 3x.
Please contact the ManageBac Global Support team at email@example.com if you would like to learn more about pricing and enable China CDN for your school account.
On Tuesday, July 29, we hosted our second ManageBac User Group Conference at Mercedes College in Adelaide, Australia. We were thrilled to welcome over 40 participants from more than 24 different IB World Schools across Australia and New Zealand.
The morning began with a warm welcome by the Head of Middle School at Mercedes College, Paul Wadsworth. The keynote address was given by the school’s MYP Coordinator Ashley Coats, who is one of ManageBac’s greatest advocates and a key supporter of IB World Schools in Australia. ManageBac was part of Mercedes College’s move towards technology-enriched learning environments. Since implementing the system three years ago, the school now uses ManageBac to manage their full IB continuum, non-IB SACE curriculum, as well as reporting. It is also the main source of communication with staff, students, and parents.
After an update from ManageBac staff on the latest updates, conference participants split into programme-specific groups where they heard from experienced coordinators on best practices, challenges (& solutions), and specific topics dealing with Australian curriculum.
The presentations featured:
- [DP] Fiona Cock (Assistant Principal & DP Coordinator) at Sophia Mundi Steiner School: The school searched for a system that was user-friendly, IB-integrated, and with real-time teacher and student communication. With a clear school vision on the promising possibilities of the system and perseverance to change the culture in preparation for the future of IB and Australian education, the school began using ManageBac three years ago to manage their Diploma Programme, reports and attendance.
- [MYP] Ashley Coats (MYP Coordinator) at Mercedes College: In addition to his Keynote, Ashley showcased the Mercedes account and opened the floor to MYP Q&A on system implementation across all user groups. ManageBac promoted accountability through a secure environment that was easily accessible and IB integrated. As a key contributor to the evolving IB MYP curriculum in Australia, Ashley is most impressed with prompt IB updates (i.e. MYP Next Chapter) and willingness to continually improve the system for its customers.
- [PYP] Liz Black (PYP and MYP Coordinator), Chris Gully (PYP Teacher) and Dave Shaw (Assistant Leader in ICT) at Coromandel Valley Primary School: The school has been using ManageBac for one year, and are a great example of the healthy growth of Australian PYP schools beginning to adopt online platforms in recent years. In particular, they shared the importance of partaking in a longer trial period to allow adequate time to assess the benefits of the system, as well as build in-school experts who could confidently facilitate the buy-in of teachers. iPads have since been introduced, which has greatly complemented their use of ManageBac. They are set to generate their first set of reports at the end of the year.
The afternoon focused on programme-specific, hands-on training and discussion groups lead by the above-mentioned speakers. Robert Erwin (Director of Learning Technologies) at Werribee Secondary College and Shane Murphy (PYP Coordinator) at Mercedes College also led group discussions.
The day concluded with a networking event.
In summary, recommended advice shared for effective implementation included:
- Clear expectations
- Shared vision
- In-school champions who can drive staff buy-in.
- In-school support team who are willing to make themselves available.
- Incorporating ManageBac training into PD days
- Reaching out to local IB networks
- Making use of the ManageBac support team and unlimited complimentary online training
We had a great time connecting with our schools in Australia! To learn more about the conference, download the programme here:
And save the dates for our upcoming user group conferences!