It was a privilege to serve your school in 2016. Thank you for the support, ideas, and suggestions! We are thrilled to start the new year with 2,196 schools in our community.
2016 by the numbers
|Answered within 4 hours
Today we are launching Single Sign-On (SSO) between OpenApply and ManageBac!
Our Launchpad allows parents and staff to login seamlessly to either OpenApply or ManageBac. The feature is available to all parents or staff who have an existing user account with both OpenApply and ManageBac.
Click here to get started!
This new SSO between OpenApply and ManageBac marks the start of our planned LaunchPad integrations. Stay tuned to our blog as we plan to extend SSO to other platforms in the coming months.
Registration for the third annual ManageBac User Group Conference in Europe is now open!
After welcoming over 150 participants from 80 IB World Schools to our ManageBac User Group Conference in The Hague, we are honoured to work with Berlin Brandenburg International School for our third conference on March 24-25, 2017.
Based on feedback from our recent User Group Conference in Hong Kong, we will provide differentiation based on users’ existing ManageBac knowledge. The breakout sessions will indicate the ideal level of existing system knowledge. (e.g. a Level 1 breakout session would be geared for beginners, Level 2 for intermediate users, etc.)
We’re also excited to welcome our development team to the user group conference, so they can hear feature requests directly from our users.
If you are interested in speaking or facilitating at the conference, please send a brief proposal to Kevin Piersialla at firstname.lastname@example.org before October 31, 2016.
Early next week, we will release a new user interface for parents.
This is part of our on-going work to refresh and improve the ManageBac interface for all users, which began with the update to ManageBac Settings back in September 2015.
The new user interface was designed to:
- simplify navigation (so you can get more done with fewer clicks)
- improve usability for existing and first time users
- move ManageBac towards a responsive layout that will support tablet (iPad + Android) and mobile usage
All functionality for parents on the new interface will remain unchanged.
Thank you for your patience with this new update. Our support team is standing by 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, in case you would like to send us feedback or request assistance.
We hope you find the new interface an improvement over the previous design, and look forward to rolling it out to additional user types over the coming months!
UPDATE: The new parent interface deployed on September 6, 2016. Our tutorials have been updated. We especially recommend this one helping parents navigate ManageBac.
This year we welcomed over 120 educators at our annual IB Americas breakfast, as well as several of our new integration partners! We shared several exciting updates, including:
- A new tablet-friendly user interface, coming late Fall 2016 for students and parents, and early Spring 2017 for teachers and administrators.
- New integrations to come with Pamoja & AssessPrep
- An update on our upcoming Bookstore
We were also grateful to our three panel speakers, who shared their ManageBac implementation processes and experiences at their schools. A big thank you to:
Thank you to all who attended! If you missed it, we’ve linked our presentation document below. We hope to see you next year!
ManageBac Breakfast Presentation — Toronto 2016
We are pleased to announce our new integration partnership with Pamoja, the sole provider of online International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) courses.
- Showcase Pamoja Online Courses: Display Pamoja courses alongside your face-to-face IB Diploma courses. Provide students & parents and Site-based Coordinators with one-click inquiry to register interest in Pamoja Online Courses.
- Single-Sign-On to Pamoja: One-click access to Pamoja’s learning environment via Plan Worksheet or from the LaunchPad for Site-based Coordinators, Students and Parents.
- One-click Inquiry: Register your interest in Pamoja online courses directly from within ManageBac’s plan registration worksheets.
- Data Synchronisation: Final term grades and comments will be synced from Pamoja back to ManageBac, eliminating report card headaches.
- Term Grades & Reporting: Streamline term reporting workflows for your Registrar & Academic team. Seamlessly roll-up and consolidate Pamoja Online Course grades into your report cards, while preserving your look & feel and subject group order.
- IB Diploma Plan Worksheet: Rising MYP5 and DP1 students & parents can make better subject choices with easy access to DP subject details including the syllabus, aims & objectives, exam details, key deadlines & calendar. Responsive design allows for easy Plan completion on iPad and tablets.
- IBIS Exam Registration: We will support registration for Pamoja online courses directly from within the ManageBac plan worksheet, so coordinators can complete their IBIS exam registrations seamlessly.
Get started for the 2016-2017 Academic Year!
Get fueled up for your second day of sessions at the IB Americas Conference! We’re pleased to announce our second annual ManageBac Breakfast in Toronto, Canada.
We’re proud to now serve over 980 schools in the IB Americas region. Come hear from some of our most experienced ManageBac schools in the morning’s panel discussion, followed by a company update from our Managing Director. We have a strong road map for the second half of 2016, including the launch of our Bookstore & Digital Content, a new parent & student UI, and integration with online IB course providers.
This complimentary breakfast will take place from 7AM-8:30AM on Friday, July 15, 2016 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel — just a 5-minute walk from the IB Americas Conference venue!
Friday / July 15, 2016
||Food and Networking
||Panel Discussions by Experienced ManageBac Users
||Back to IB Americas Conference
7:30AM – 8:00AM
- Achieving Buy-in
- Tips on implementation
- Favorite Features
- Open Q&A
08:00AM – 08:30AM
- Year in Review
- Roadmap for 2016
- Upcoming Events
- Open Q&A
ManageBac Support will be available to answer any questions throughout the breakfast.
At our user group conference in Hong Kong this past weekend, we provided a general company update, including a review of our service in 2015 and what we have planned for 2016. The slides are now available below.
We’re looking forward to seeing many of you at the IB Asia-Pacific Conference in Hyderabad on March 17 – 19, 2016!
We have a number of exciting developments and events to share with you, including:
- SSO: We have started rolling out our Launchpad Single-Sign-On service with integration to the IB Student Registry.
- IBIS e-Coursework: We are delighted to announce a new drag’n drop integration from the ManageBac portfolio to the IB e-Coursework system.
- ManageBac Bookstore: Easily submit orders in bulk and ensure the best possible pricing and accurate student subject counts.
- Updated DP & MYP Unit Planners: To better align with IB practices, we have updated the Unit Planning processes.
- User Group Conference Hong Kong: We are pleased to announce our fourth annual ManageBac User Group Conference held at Hong Kong Academy on May 7 – 8, 2016.
- And much more…
Ways to connect with us:
(1) Stop by our table at the conference.
We are located on the ground floor in Hall 2 at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre. For a map of the floor plan, click here.
(2) Book a time.
Have ManageBac questions? We have answers, and a full team ready to help. Let us know when you’re available, and we’ll make sure to have someone dedicated to you. Just e-mail us at email@example.com.
Hope to see you in Hyderabad!
Register for your place at the ManageBac User Group Conference in the Hague today! Conference registration will close on February 5, 2016.
Why join us in the Hague? Our top five reasons:
1 Best Practices
How did your school implement ManageBac? How do you achieve staff buy-in? Train students, teachers, and parents? Come hear from leading international schools as they share their answers to these questions, and more.
2 Product Road Map
We’ll share our product road map for 2016, including direct integration with the IB e-Coursework submission platform, enhanced unit planners, more flexible reporting, a new online bookstore, and more! Come share your own feature requests.
3 Lance King and the ATL
Our keynote speaker Lance King has directly shaped the creation of ATL requirements in the IB CP, DP, and MYP. Hear from him directly during the keynote, and work with him in a smaller workshop to develop ATL implementation programmes.
Meet & mingle with your fellow academic coordinators, technology integration coordinators, and design teachers from schools all across the EMEA region. Dinner and drinks are on us! For the most updated list of attendees, click here.
5 ManageBac Support
Meet our friendly support team! Staff will be available throughout the conference to sit down with you 1-1 and answer your questions. We will also be leading a dedicated “Training the Trainer” session for advanced tips, tricks, and resources that you can bring back to your school.
Hope to see you there!